- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, (or replace half the basil leaves with baby spinach)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Harvest extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
1. Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the food processor and pulse several times.
2. Add the garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
3. While the food processor is running, slowly add the Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a steady small stream. Adding the olive oil slowly while the processor is running will help it emulsify and help keep the olive oil from separating. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
4. Stir in salt and freshly ground black pepper (add more to taste)
5. Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or spread onto crackers or toasted slices of bread.